Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Color Scheme: Red


There's nothing that brings a smile to my face like a fresh young man and a red hat. Random? Yes. My personal preference? Of course! Something about the color red screams confidence when worn with an outfit. Especially if it is a stand-alone piece like a watch or a solid red shoe, expect to make a statement of some sort. Pharrell is a great example of someone who uses red to make a statement. Others like Kanye, of course, do it justice--- his sneaker line featured a red shoe and his red heart brooch definitely influenced fashion in the past year. The use of colors in fashion can play up an emotion or an expression,and the color red screams fearless, competitive, confident, 'hey look at me', type of feel that I love. My next post shall be about purple, my favorite color, and what it says about the individual who wears it. It's interesting to see that fashion can be a science, but don't take it too seriously.

No comments: