Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Drug Free School Zone Revisited





When I did this project I had no idea how to work a regular 35mm still picture camera. Felt pretty old school doing it. I did this while I was volunteering at a soup kitchen around my school. I found inspiration in a young man who was a guest there while I was serving food and helping out. He had a positive outlook on life despite some shortcomings. I wanted to display the everyday struggle of just being and still being able to crack a smile at the end of the day. We went around the outskirts of New Brunswick to shoot around where he spends most of his time at. I still think the images came out pretty dope and captured his story. Loaded some more black and white film into my camera the other day...ready to give it another go.
More images from the project here.

No comments: